Date: November 2023
Reviewed: Cotone Collection Ltd.
What is a website ‘Cookie’?
- Remember the information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again.
- Help us understand how people are using our website, so we can make it better.
- To use third-party tools and software such as Stripe.
What type of Cookies do we use and why?
- Session Cookies: (also called transient cookies) are erased when you close your web browser. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory and are not retained after the browser is closed.
- Stored Cookies: (also called persistent or permanent cookies) are longer-term cookies. These cookies are stored by the browser within a file on the user’s device even after the browser is closed.
- Necessary Cookies: (which can be either session or stored cookies) help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- First Party Cookies: these can be necessary/unnecessary and either session or stored cookies. These cookies are issued by Cotone Collection. We use these cookies for the following reasons:
- User authentication, to determine if you are logged into our website Content Management System (CMS).Cookie preference.
- For online payments via Stripe.
- Third Party Cookies: these can be either session or stored cookies. Firstly, it is important to note that a third-party cookie originates from a different domain. We use these cookies for the following reasons:
- We may occasionally run ad-campaigns via Google Ads.
- By default, we discourage the use of Third Party ‘Marketing Cookies’ to the very best of our ability.
What do I need to know about Security and Cookies?
- The Cookies we place on your device do not collect personal data. They are used for performance, interaction and statistical purposes.
- Cookies do not compromise the security of your computer.
- While we try to limit our use of third-party cookies – they are in some cases necessary to our offering. It is important to note that a third-party cookie originates from a different domain (i.e., the service being used for example YouTube, Facebook we would always advise you make yourself familiar with their cookie policies and practices.
- Cookie usage is governed by the ePrivacy Directive (Cookie law) and GDPR you can find out more here.
Current cookies in operation:
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".
How do I disable Cookies if I wish?
- Unfortunately, in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling all cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site.
- You can manage certain cookies such as non-essential, performance, marketing via the cookie consent panel.
- For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit: www.aboutcookies.org.